Friday 2 December 2011

Author Interview: Alexandra Lanc

Hey guys! I'm delighted to present an interview with the author of the fabulous Clara Claus, Alexandra Lanc!

How did you come up with the idea for Clara Claus?

I was watching Christmas movies one year and realized that hardly any of them featured Jack Frost, who had always been a favorite winter “character” of mine, so I got to thinking, and I decided that I would like to write something about him. I’d planned on doing a Christmas novel eventually, but I had never actually gotten a solid idea for it -- though when the thought about Jack struck me, the story formed quickly, and the pieces simply fell into place.

Why did you decide to write a story about Christmas?

Christmas is my favorite Holiday, but before writing Clara Claus, I had never actually found a Christmas novel that interested me, so I wanted to write something new -- something that was about Christmas, but that was different and fun to read. I tried to write something fantastical -- something that I would like to read. I also wrote Clara Claus so I could communicate what I thought about the Holidays, why Christmas means so much to me.

Jack is a fabulous character! Did you have to research Jack Frost before writing Clara Claus?

I did do some research on Jack before I started writing, but honestly...I didn’t find much. This was disheartening at first, because I was wanting to start working on the story, but I didn’t want to start without doing some good research. After a while of searching with no ends that inspired me, I finally broke down and started writing, and the product was my finished story, Clara Claus.

What other projects are you working on at the moment?

I usually work on a few projects at one time. At the moment I’m working on a short novella, slated for release in January, as well as my fantasy novel “The Ending”, due out in April. Other than that, I’m continuing work on my Foxfire Chronicles series, as well as a surprise related to Clara Claus.

What other authors do you look to for inspiration?

Many authors inspire me, but I have two main authors who I look to for inspiration. The first is my all-time favorite author, Eoin Colfer, whose books always manage to surprise me. The second is Ridley Pearson, who I actually met at a signing, and who gave me some excellent writing advice, which I always remember when I feel discouraged.

Thanks for your time Alexandra!

Read more about Alexandra and her work on her website:
And be sure to follow her on Twitter:
Read my review of Clara Claus here.


1 comment:

  1. Great interview. I've seen this book around a few times on Goodreads. Sounds interesting. And it's a perfect read for this time of year! :)

    ReplyDelete

< > Home
emerge © , All Rights Reserved. BLOG DESIGN BY Sadaf F K.