Wednesday 31 December 2014

A Year In Review

So, another year has been and gone, and it has flown by, am I right? And once again, I’ve had the chance to read and review some of the most incredible stories, and I’ve also had some fantastic and exciting opportunities. On this final day of 2014, I want to take a look back over the past twelve months, and tell you what bookish things I loved and loathed about it.

Okay, so I watch my fellow book bloggers go to so many exciting events in London, and I stare sadly out of the Twitter window, always being left out because I live too far away to join in. This year, I was invited to several blogger events and book launch parties for books I’ve read, reviewed, and adored. But I couldn’t go to any of them. Note to self: teleportation would be a good skill to learn. But it wasn’t all bad, because I did, at least, get to go to the one launch party that meant the most to me. City of Heavenly Fire! My bestie, and fellow book blogger Rachel, won tickets to the launch party of the final ever Mortal Instruments book, and as you know, I’m a huge fan of the series. So getting to go to the launch, see my fellow fans adorning their runes, and getting the book a day early, was definitely one of my blogging highlights. (You can see my post from the day here.)

Another highlight was getting to meet the fabulous RainbowRowell! I’m a huge fan of her stories, so to get the chance to meet her this year was amazing. Plus, we discussed Johnlock, and she said my outfit was totally cute. Life = complete.

Just some of the amazing books I've had the chance to review this year.
I also connected with so many fabulous authors and publishers this year, and I’ve been lucky enough to interview some fantastic people, including Moira Young (whose books I adore). And as every year, one of the best parts about blogging is discovering stories I probably wouldn’t get a chance to read otherwise. Some of the highlights have been to read the first two books in The Go Girls Chronicles by Leigh Hutton, and a delightful debut novel, Minty, by Christina Banach.

So thank you, blogging community, for another fantastic year. And thank you to all the authors and publishers that take the time to get in touch. It’s an honour to be able to be among the first to read and review your wonderful stories!

A very happy new year to you all!





No comments:

Post a Comment

< > Home
emerge © , All Rights Reserved. BLOG DESIGN BY Sadaf F K.